Tågerup Kirke

Errindlev, Denmark

Tågerup Kirke

10

Tågerup Church is a Romanesque parish church located 4 km southeast of Rødby on the Danish island of Lolland. Dating from the beginning of the 13th century, its nave is richly decorated with early 16th-century frescos painted by the Brarup workshop.

The church was originally dedicated to Our Lady as documented in a letter of indulgence from 1470. An altar dedicated to the Virgin Mary attracted large numbers of pilgrims on the Feast of the Annunciation until 1636. Little is known about the church's early ownership apart from the fact that the Crown had clerical appointment rights before the Reformation. The church remained under the Crown until 1725 when it was transferred to Emmerence von Levetzau together with Aalholm and Bremersvold. It continued to be owned by Bremersvold until it gained independence in 1911.

Thumbnail image credited to BococoAdditional info



Guests' reviews


Accommodations near Tågerup Kirke

View more options near Tågerup Kirke

Tågerup Kirke Tours & Activities