Cathedral of Faro

Esteval, Portugal

Cathedral of Faro

The Cathedral of Faro (Portuguese: Sé de Faro) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Faro, Portugal. The cathedral was consecrated in the name of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the late 13th century by the Archbishop of Braga. It has been the seat of the Diocese of Faro since 1540, replacing Silves Cathedral on the orders of King John III of Portugal. In 1596 the church was destroyed by the Earl of Essex. The cathedral is a National Monument of Portugal.




Accommodations near Cathedral of Faro

View more accommodations near Cathedral of Faro

Nearby Tours & activities