Abu al-Hassan Mosque

Fès, Morocco

Abu al-Hassan Mosque

The Mosque of Abu al-Hasan is a historic neighbourhood mosque in Fes el-Bali, the old medina of Fes, Morocco. It is located on Tala'a Seghira street, near the Bou Inania Madrasa.

The mosque was built in 1341 by the Marinid sultan Abu al-Hasan, as recorded by a foundation inscription carved on a marble plaque inside. It was renovated by the Alaouite sultan Moulay Slimane during his reign between 1792 and 1822. It bears many resemblances to the Chrabliyine Mosque to the east, which was founded and also later renovated at around the same times.



Accommodations near Abu al-Hassan Mosque

View more options near Abu al-Hassan Mosque0

Nearby Tours & Activities