Petersham Town Hall

Flemington, Australia

Petersham Town Hall

The Petersham Town Hall is an Australian heritage-listed town hall located at 107 Crystal Street in Petersham, a suburb in the Inner West of Sydney. It was built in 1937–38 in the Inter-War Stripped Classical architectural style by architects Rudder & Grout, and replaced the first Petersham Town Hall on the site, which was designed in the Victorian Rennaissance Revival style by Thomas Rowe in 1880–1882. The Town Hall was the seat of Petersham Municipal Council from 1938 to 1948 and from 1948 to 1974 was the seat of the Municipality of Marrickville, which absorbed Petersham. When the council moved to new offices across the street in 1974, the town hall has primarily been used as a meeting hall, community centre, filming location and archival office.


Accommodations near Petersham Town Hall

View more accommodations near Petersham Town Hall

Nearby Tours & activities