Oratory of Gesù Pellegrino

Florence, Italy

Oratory of Gesù Pellegrino

The Oratory of Gesù Pellegrino, also called the Oratorio dei Pretoni, is a Roman Catholic prayer hall or small church found on the corner of Via San Gallo and via degli Arazzieri in Florence, region of Tuscany, Italy.

Formerly the church of San Salvatore, it belonged to the confraternity of that name, until in 1313 the bishop Antonio d’Orso instituted a hospice for pilgrim priests. The church was later dedicated to St James, and under the sainted Archbishop Antoninus, the confraternity set up a hospice for elderly priests.



Accommodations near Oratory of Gesù Pellegrino

View more options near Oratory of Gesù Pellegrino0

Nearby Tours & Activities