San Gaggio, Florence

Florence, Italy

San Gaggio, Florence

The Church of San Gaggio (Italian: Chiesa di San Gaggio) is a Roman Catholic church located on via Senese in Florence, Italy. It was once associated with a large convent.

An early church at the site was associated with the Patarines, and demolished by the followers of St Peter Martyr. Under the patronage of Donna Nera Manieri and the Corsini family, a church at the site was founded in the mid-14th century and dedicated to St Catherine delle Ruote. In 1353, it was joined to an adjacent monastery of Santa Caterina a Monte, and dedicated to San Cajo (Saint and Pope Caius). The name was corrupted to San Gaggio. The church was subsequently heavily patronized by the Corsini family.



Accommodations near San Gaggio, Florence

View more options near San Gaggio, Florence0

Nearby Tours & Activities