Pedro St. James Castle

George Town, Cayman Islands

Pedro St. James Castle

9

Pedro St. James, Pedro St. James Castle, or Pedro's Castle is the oldest existing stone building in the Cayman Islands.

Pedro St. James was built in 1780 by an Englishman named William Eden. Although it is not known why and how Eden came to Cayman, he became sufficiently prosperous for his small land holding near Spotts to be marked on the first map of Grand Cayman in 1773 as Edens. Using slave labour, Eden styled the home as a small scale great house of the kind then found on plantations in Jamaica. The house received its name due to its location along Pedro Point.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Pedro St. James Castle

View more options near Pedro St. James Castle

Nearby Tours & Activities