Giroc (Hungarian: Gyüreg) is a commune in Timiș County, Romania. It is composed of two villages, Chișoda (Tesöld) and Giroc. It is located near Timișoara, south of the city.
The first documented reference was in 1371, from a document in which Sigismund of Luxemburg donates his Gyüreg estate to Vladislau, the son of Stefan de Tarr. Later Marsigli's Conscription in 1690 - 1700 mention Gyirog as well. After the Austrian conquest of Banat, Giroc appears on the 1717 map with the name Juroc, listed with 60 houses and later on Florimund Mercy's map from 1723 with the name Jurok.