Adelaide Place Baptist Church

Glasgow, United Kingdom

Adelaide Place Baptist Church

Adelaide Place Baptist Church is a Scottish Baptist church in a Category B listed building in the Charing Cross area of Glasgow. The name "Adelaide Place" is taken from the former name of this part of Bath Street. The church was founded in 1829 and the present church building dates from 1877. The church played an important place in the history of the Baptist churches in Scotland, and also spearheaded many charitable and social care initiatives.

Adelaide Place Baptist Church was built between 1875 and 1877 and was designed by Thomas Lennox Watson. Its entrances are at 209 Bath Street and 188 Pitt Street, Glasgow. At the Pitt Street entrance, a stone staircase leads up to three double doors, while the Bath Street entrance has street-level access.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near Adelaide Place Baptist Church

View more options near Adelaide Place Baptist Church0

Nearby Tours & Activities