Carmunnock Parish Church

Glasgow, United Kingdom

Carmunnock Parish Church

6

Carmunnock (Scottish Gaelic: Cathair Mhanach) is a conservation village within the City of Glasgow boundary, lying within three miles (five kilometres) of East Kilbride and Rutherglen in South Lanarkshire and Busby in East Renfrewshire. The nearest other district within Glasgow is Castlemilk.

This ancient settlement which is associated with the early Christian missionary Saint Cadoc, has a medieval street plan set within the lands of an estate held by variously the Morays of Bothwell, the Earls of Douglas and eventually to the Lords, Marquesses and Dukes of Hamilton until 1700 when it passed to the Stuarts of Castlemilk.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Carmunnock Parish Church

View more options near Carmunnock Parish Church

Nearby Tours & Activities