Provand's Lordship

Glasgow, United Kingdom

Provand's Lordship

8.6

The Provand's Lordship of Glasgow, Scotland, is a medieval historic house museum located at the top of Castle Street within sight of the Glasgow Cathedral and Glasgow Royal Infirmary, and next to the St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art.

Provand's Lordship was built as part of St Nicholas's Hospital by Andrew Muirhead, Bishop of Glasgow in 1471. A western extension, designed by William Bryson, was completed in 1670.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Provand's Lordship

View more options near Provand's Lordship

Nearby Tours & Activities