The Briggait

Glasgow, United Kingdom

The Briggait

The Briggait is a category A listed building in Glasgow, Scotland, situated in the Merchant City area on the Bridgegate (A8) and Clyde Street (A814) just north of the River Clyde. Construction of the building was completed in 1873.

The building was originally used as Glasgow's fish market until the late 1970s. It was then converted into a shopping centre during the 1980s – this proved to be a temporary venture. In the 21st century it was converted into artists studios which opened to the public in August 2010.



Accommodations near The Briggait

View more options near The Briggait0

Nearby Tours & Activities