Schmidt Farmhouse

Gold Coast, Australia

Schmidt Farmhouse

Schmidt Farmhouse & Outbuildings is a heritage-listed homestead at 3 Worongary Road, Worongary, City of Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It was built from 1880s to c. 1910. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 8 April 1997.

This farmhouse and outbuildings were constructed in the late 19th/early 20th centuries on land which in the 1850s was part of the Murry Jerry pastoral run, leased by William Duckett White of Beaudesert. The site was subsequently included in the 200 acres taken up by WD White as a pre-emptive selection in 1869, but the present buildings and structures appear to date to a later period, when the land was used for agricultural purposes. It was occupied by the Schmidt-Kurth family, Worongary dairy farmers, from c. 1901 to c. 1986.



Accommodations near Schmidt Farmhouse

View more options near Schmidt Farmhouse0

Nearby Tours & Activities