Southport Drill Hall

Gold Coast, Australia

Southport Drill Hall

Southport Drill Hall is a heritage-listed drill hall at 210 Queen Street, Southport, Queensland, Australia. It was designed by George Connolly and built in 1890 by John Fortune. It is also known as Southport Drill Shed. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 5 October 1998.

The Southport Drill Hall was constructed in 1890 as the Southport Drill Shed to the specifications of George Connolly of the Queensland Colonial Architect's office. Although moved from its original site in Lawson Street, Southport, the building has retained a strong association with various defence related agencies.



Accommodations near Southport Drill Hall

View more options near Southport Drill Hall0

Nearby Tours & Activities