Melin Tregwynt

Granston, United Kingdom

Melin Tregwynt

9

Melin Tregwynt (Tregwynt Mill) is a woollen mill in the hamlet of Tregwynt in the parish of Granston, Pembrokeshire, Wales. A mill has stood on this site since 1819 taking fleeces from the sheep farms of the area, carding and spinning them into woollen yarn and then weaving the yarn into cloth and blankets. Today, the mill makes a line of upmarket blankets, cushions, clothing, and accessories.

Tregwynt woollen mill (Melin Tregwynt) lies in an isolated valley on the coast of Pembrokeshire. It is about 0.75 miles (1.21 km) from the Pembrokeshire Coast Path. The hipped and whitewashed rubble stone building has the date of July 1819 on a roof truss. It was originally a corn mill, and was converted to a woollen mill later in the 19th century. The mill was part of the Tregwynt estate. On the 1841 Tithe Map, it was called Dyffryn Bach, owned by G. J. Harries and occupied by David Evans.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Melin Tregwynt

View more options near Melin Tregwynt

Nearby Tours & Activities