Pharmacy Museum

Grodno, Belarus

Pharmacy Museum

9.6

The Jesuit Pharmacy in Grodno (Belarusian: Гродзенская аптэка Езуітаў, Polish: Apteka jezuicka w Grodnie) is a pharmacy built in the market square in Grodno, then in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, between 1700–09. It is the oldest pharmacy in present-day Belarus.

The pharmacy was located within the complex of the Jesuit Monastery in Grodno, a monument of history and culture of the 18th century, which occupies a large area in the central part of the city. The Jesuits opened the pharmacy in 1709. After their suppression, it was managed by the Polish Commission of National Education. The pharmacy continued its operations despite wars, upheavals and changes of ownership until 1950. A modern pharmacy and a museum of pharmacology were opened in 1996.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Pharmacy Museum

View more options near Pharmacy Museum

Nearby Tours & Activities