St Mary's Church, Allithwaite

Holker, United Kingdom

St Mary's Church, Allithwaite

St Mary's Church is in the village of Allithwaite, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Windermere, the archdeacon of Westmorland and Furness, and the diocese of Carlisle. Its benefice is united with those of St Mary and St Michael, Cartmel, St Peter, Field Broughton, St John the Baptist, Flookburgh, St Paul, Grange-over-Sands, Grange Fell Church, Grange-Over-Sands, and St Paul, Lindale to form the benefice of Cartmel Peninsula. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.

The church was built in 1864–65 and designed by the Lancaster architect E. G. Paley. At the same time Paley designed the village school and vicarage. These were financed by Miss Mary Winfield Lambert of Boarbank Hall, who died in 1857 and bequeathed £2,500 (equivalent to £240,000 in 2019) towards the church, £1,000 for the school, and £1,500 for the vicarage.



Accommodations near St Mary's Church, Allithwaite

View more options near St Mary's Church, Allithwaite0

Nearby Tours & Activities