Former French Mission Building

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Former French Mission Building

The Former French Mission Building is a declared monument located on Government Hill at 1, Battery Path, Central, Hong Kong. It housed the Court of Final Appeal of Hong Kong from 1 July 1997 to 6 September 2015.

The building is built on a podium due to the hilly nature of Government Hill. Originally a mansion called Johnston House, the building was altered in the 1870s and 1880s to a three-storey building. The present three-storey building opened in 1917 as the result of a major renovation, also described as an "extensive rebuilding", of the previous structure. The building is probably based on a previous structure near the site known as "Beaconsfield", but it is clad in red brick rather than an all white facade. It is constructed in granite and red bricks in Neo-Classical style, dating from the Edwardian period.



Accommodations near Former French Mission Building

View more options near Former French Mission Building0

Nearby Tours & Activities