Sri Dalada Maligawa, auf Deutsch häufig der Zahntempel (singhalesisch: ශ්රී දළදා මාළිගාව), ist ein buddhistischer Tempel in Kandy, Sri Lanka, in dem gemäß der Überlieferung der linke Eckzahn des historischen Buddha Siddhartha Gautama als Reliquie aufbewahrt wird.
Der Zahntempel wurde in mehreren Abschnitten zwischen 1687 und 1782 erbaut. Von außen sticht der achteckige Turm hervor; in ihm ist derzeit eine Bibliothek untergebracht. Der Hauptkomplex, in dem sich mehrere Schreine befinden, besteht aus drei Etagen. Die dritte Etage beherbergt den Goldenen Schrein, vor dem sich Pilger sammeln, die den heiligen Zahn verehren. In der Mitte des Schreins befindet sich der Zugang zu einer Kammer, in der die Reliquie unter sieben goldenen Dagobas aufbewahrt wird.
|Montag||5:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Dienstag||5:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Mittwoch||5:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Donnerstag||5:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Freitag||5:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Samstag||5:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Sonntag||5:30 AM – 8:00 PM|
Damith Sriyantha | Dez. 27, 2017
The “Magul Maduwa” of the Palace is where the king met his ministers and and carried out his daily administrative tasks. This was also known as the “Maha Naduwa” (high court) by the local residence as this building was used by the king as the court. This building is also called the Assembly Hall or the Audience Hall. The construction of this finely carved wooden structure has been started by the king Rajadhi Rajasinhe (1779 – 1797) in 1783. but was unable to complete it within his reign. A number of key events in our history has taken place in this “Magul Maduwa”. The major one being the handing over the last Sri Lankan kingdom to the British throne in 1815 ending over 2500 years of sovereignty. It was at this place that the British handed over the death sentence to the sri lankan patriots, Madugalle Disave and the Keppatipola Disave. In the early days of the British occupation, the British Missionaries used this Audience Hall as their Church building in their conversion process. This Audience Hall which played a key role in the Kingdom was considered a place where the ‘most horrid cruelties were exercised’ by these missionaries. The Lord Bishop of Calcutta, Rev Reginald Herber describe a sermon held in this hall in his book ‘Narrative of a Journey Through the Upper provinces of India‘ published in 1829. The “Magul Maduwa” we see today is a extension to the original made by the British to facilitate the welcome of prince of wales in 1875. They pulled out 32 carved wooden columns from the building called “Pale Vahale” (which was the Queens living quarters during the last king of Kandy, now the National Museum building) and replaced them with brick pillars. Out of these, 16 pillars. were used to extend the “Magul Maduwa” with 8 pillars. on each side and the old decayed bases have been replaced by new wooden bases. With this addition, building has two rows of elegantly carved pillars. each row having 32 columns. A Kandyan style roof rests upon these columns. - amazinglanka
vijai herath | Okt. 30, 2017
This is the place where the protocol were signed between british colony & the Sinhala King in 1815. it has very Historical value on a historical place.
Sanka Indranath | Jan. 24, 2018
Very historical place buid by king of kandy
waruna Gunasekara | Juli 8, 2017
This place you can see inside temple of the tooth..
Pramod Munaweera | März 25, 2017
Great place to experience the art of wood carving in sri lanka.
Wander ist eine Reisesuchmaschine, mit der Sie das perfekte Reiseziel finden können, das Ihrem Budget und Ihren Vorlieben entspricht.