USCGC Ingham Maritime Museum

Key West, United States

USCGC Ingham Maritime Museum

9.4

USCGC Ingham (WPG/WAGC/WHEC-35) is one of only two preserved Treasury-class United States Coast Guard Cutters. Originally Samuel D. Ingham, she was the fourth cutter to be named for Treasury Secretary Samuel D. Ingham. She was the most decorated vessel in the Coast Guard fleet and was the only cutter to ever be awarded two Presidential Unit Citations.

Ingham was built at the Philadelphia Navy Yard. The Treasury Department awarded her contract on 30 January 1934. Her keel was laid on 1 May 1935, and she was launched on 3 June 1936, along with her sisters USCGC William J. Duane (WPG-33), USCGC Taney (WHEC-37) and the USCGC George W. Campbell (WPG-32). Ingham was christened by Ms. Katherine Ingham Brush on that date and the new cutter was formally commissioned on 12 September 1936.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near USCGC Ingham Maritime Museum

View more options near USCGC Ingham Maritime Museum

Nearby Tours & Activities