Simpson Ground Reservoir

Lake Side, United Kingdom

Simpson Ground Reservoir

Simpson Ground Reservoir is a reservoir in Cumbria, England, near the southeastern end of Windermere. It is located within a Forestry Commission conifer plantation, to the east of Staveley-in-Cartmel and provides fresh water supply for Grange-Over-Sands and the Haweswater aqueduct to Barrow. The reservoir, which covers an area of 6.89 hectares (17.0 acres), was established in 1957. The reservoir, at an altitude of 193 metres (633 feet), measures 455 m × 194 m (1,493 ft × 636 ft), and has a capacity of 44 million gallons. A plaque near the bank commemorates the opening of the reservoir on 4 May 1957 by the Lancashire County Council.



Accommodations near Simpson Ground Reservoir

View more options near Simpson Ground Reservoir0

Nearby Tours & Activities