Southlands Methodist Church

Leeds, United Kingdom

Southlands Methodist Church

Southlands Methodist Church is a Victorian Methodist church near Bishopthorpe Road in York, England.

The foundation stones were laid on 1 October 1886 by Sir W G McArthur KCMG, the Lord Mayor of York, the City Sheriff and other aldermen. It was designed by the architect Charles Bell. It was "the third great Wesleyan chapel" built within York in a short period of time when it opened as 'Southlands Chapel' on 13 October 1887. It has twin towers on either side of an ornamental window and is built of white Walling Fen brick. There was accommodation for 750 persons in a large central hall with fifteen schoolrooms opening upon it; the cost was £6,641 (equivalent to £743,924 in 2019).



Accommodations near Southlands Methodist Church

View more options near Southlands Methodist Church0

Nearby Tours & Activities