St Peter's Church, Birstall

Leeds, United Kingdom

St Peter's Church, Birstall

St. Peter's Church in Birstall, West Yorkshire, England is an active Anglican parish church in the archdeaconry of Leeds and the Diocese of Leeds.

The church has Norman origins being founded in 1100 by Radulphus de Paganell, the tower is the only part surviving from that era; its first two stages were built in the 12th century. The tower was raised in the 15th century and a major refurbishment was carried out between 1863 and 1870 by W.H. Crossland of Leeds. The church was grade II* listed on 29 March 1963. Between 1997 and 2000 a screen was built to separate the first bay of the nave and aisles to create meeting rooms.



Accommodations near St Peter's Church, Birstall

View more options near St Peter's Church, Birstall0

Nearby Tours & Activities