St Wilfrid's Church, Halton, Leeds

Leeds, United Kingdom

St Wilfrid's Church, Halton, Leeds

St Wilfrid's Church, Halton was designed by Albert Randall Wells and built between 1937 and 1939. It is situated in the 1930s suburb of Halton in Leeds, England.

The site on Halton Hill was given by Viscount Halifax and the building was paid for by Sir John Priestman. The foundation stone was laid on 6 November 1937. The church is Grade II* listed. It bridges the gap between the Arts and Crafts style and modernism. It has Early English gothic inspired details, such as the triangular-headed windows. The concrete vaulting within the interior in Nikolaus Pevsner's words "remind one of German Expressionism in recent church architecture rather than that of England".



Accommodations near St Wilfrid's Church, Halton, Leeds

View more options near St Wilfrid's Church, Halton, Leeds0

Nearby Tours & Activities