Eduardo VII Park

Lisbon, Portugal

Eduardo VII Park

Eduardo VII Park (Portuguese: Parque Eduardo VII) is a public park in Lisbon, Portugal. The park occupies an area of 26 hectares (64 acres) to the north of Avenida da Liberdade and Marquis of Pombal Square in Lisbon's city center.

The park is named for King Edward VII of the United Kingdom, who visited Portugal in 1903 to strengthen relations between the two countries and reaffirm the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance. Until Edward's visit the park was called Parque da Liberdade (Liberty Park). In 1945 Portuguese Modernist architect Francisco Keil do Amaral redesigned the park to its current configuration.



Accommodations near Eduardo VII Park

View more options near Eduardo VII Park0

Nearby Tours & Activities