Krumperk Castle

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Krumperk Castle

Krumperk Castle (Slovene: Grad Krumperk, German: Kreutberg) is a castle or manor located in Gorjuša near the town of Domžale in central Slovenia.

According to Valvasor, the castle was built in the late 13th century by the noble Rabensbergs from Koprivnik. The predecessor of the current castle was first mentioned in 1338 as a possession of Herkules of Krumperk, of the noble house of Kreutberg. By the 15th century, it belonged to the house of Rusbach, which sold it to Engelhand Zellenperger in 1410 under the name Turn Chraw-perg. Valvasor notes that it had once been called either Thurn unter Kreutberg or Thurn zu Kreutberg, although there is confusion as to which of these names referred to Krumperk Castle and which to the ruin of Koprivnik (Rabensberg) Castle near Moravče.



Accommodations near Krumperk Castle

View more options near Krumperk Castle0

Nearby Tours & Activities