St. Bartholomew's Church (Ljubljana)

Ljubljana, Slovenia

St. Bartholomew's Church (Ljubljana)

St. Bartholomew's Church (Slovene: cerkev sv. Jerneja) — referred to by locals as the Old Church (Stara cerkev, which gave its name to a nearby Ljubljana city bus stop) — is a Catholic filial church and one of the oldest church buildings in Ljubljana, Slovenia.

The church was first mentioned in 1370, when representatives of the Doge of Venice and Leopold III and Albert III of Habsburg concluded a peace treaty in front of it on 30 October 1370, in which the Austrians agreed to return the city of Trieste for the compensation of 75,000 florins.



Accommodations near St. Bartholomew's Church (Ljubljana)

View more options near St. Bartholomew's Church (Ljubljana)0

Nearby Tours & Activities