St Hilary transmitting station

Llantrisant, United Kingdom

St Hilary transmitting station

The St Hilary transmitting station is a facility for telecommunications situated close to the village of St Hilary, Glamorgan in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales, in the UK. It comprises a 229-metre (750 ft) guyed mast with antennas attached at various heights. The site was established in 1958 for Independent Television transmission on VHF. Current transmissions from the site include FM radio, DAB radio and mobile telephone signals.