Brick Lane Music Hall

London, United Kingdom

Brick Lane Music Hall

9.4

St Mark's Church, Silvertown or St Mark's Church, Victoria Docks is a former church building in Silvertown in east London, located on North Woolwich Road. It takes one of its names from the nearby Royal Docks. It was listed as Grade II* in 1971 and now houses the Brick Lane Music Hall.

The church was founded as a joint church and school, housed in an iron building and opened in 1857. Samuel Sanders Teulon was taken on as the designer of a permanent church, which opened in 1862 and was promoted to a separate parish two years later, taking parts of Woolwich (centred on St Mary Magdalene Woolwich on the opposite bank of the Thames) and East Ham. The docks' manager Charles Capper was allowed to nominate the first vicar, but after that the bishop of London (or after 1884 the Corporation of the City of London) was made the parish's patron.




Accommodations near Brick Lane Music Hall

View more options near Brick Lane Music Hall

Nearby Tours & Activities