Duke Street Church, Richmond

London, United Kingdom

Duke Street Church, Richmond

Duke Street Church is a conservative evangelical church in Duke Street, Richmond, south west London. It is a member of the South East Gospel Partnership.

The church was founded in 1870 by Frederick Brotherton Meyer, and met initially in a tin tabernacle in Park Lane, Richmond. Its first building, erected in 1881, was octagonal-shaped and built in stone. Sir Cyril Black opened the current building, which was constructed on the same site in 1962 with a large auditorium to seat over 600. The adjoining Victorian dance hall, Princes Hall, was bought by the church and eventually demolished, being replaced in 2010 with a cafe area, meeting rooms and offices.



Accommodations near Duke Street Church, Richmond

View more options near Duke Street Church, Richmond0

Nearby Tours & Activities