George Street, Richmond

London, United Kingdom

George Street, Richmond

George Street, at the confluence of the A305 and A307 roads, is the high street in Richmond, London and was one of the first streets to be developed in the town. Previously known as Great Street, it was renamed after King George III in 1769. Buildings on the street include the Grade II listed Greyhound House, formerly the Greyhound Hotel, in a building dating from the 1730s. The facade of the former General Post Office building at 70–72 George Street, now a retail store, incorporates the coat of arms of the former Municipal Borough of Richmond, which existed from 1890 to 1965.

The street is one-way eastbound. Westbound traffic uses Eton Street, Paradise Road and Red Lion Street.



Accommodations near George Street, Richmond

View more options near George Street, Richmond0

Nearby Tours & Activities