Lichfield Court

London, United Kingdom

Lichfield Court

Lichfield Court, in Richmond, London, consists of two Grade II listed purpose-built blocks of flats. Designed by Bertram Carter and built in fine Streamline Moderne style, it was completed in 1935.

Lichfield Court is built on the site of Lichfield House, named when the London residence of the Bishop of Lichfield. Wealthy sugar factor Henry Lascelles (1690–1753) bought the house and died there by suicide. Novelist Mary Elizabeth Braddon (1837–1915), lived there from before 1874 until her death. The house was described in 1907 as a "grand old red brick building with a beautiful formal garden". Sir Henry George Norris was the final resident. The house and grounds were acquired in 1933 by George Broadbridge and redeveloped into the present two blocks of flats.



Accommodations near Lichfield Court

View more options near Lichfield Court0

Nearby Tours & Activities