Royal Gallery of Illustration

London, United Kingdom

Royal Gallery of Illustration

The Royal Gallery of Illustration was a 19th-century performance venue located at 14 Regent Street in London. It was in use between 1850 and 1873.

The gallery was built in the 1820s by the architect John Nash as part of his own house, to display his considerable collection of paintings. In 1850 the building was named the Gallery of Illustration, and between then and 1855 it housed a diorama created and run by the theatrical scene-painters Thomas Grieve and William Telbin.



Accommodations near Royal Gallery of Illustration

View more options near Royal Gallery of Illustration0

Nearby Tours & Activities