St Peter's, Notting Hill

London, United Kingdom

St Peter's, Notting Hill

St Peter's Notting Hill is a Victorian Anglican church in Kensington Park Road, Notting Hill, London. Designed in the classical style by architect Thomas Allom, work was begun in 1855 and completed in 1857.

Until the mid nineteenth century Notting Hill was a largely rural neighbourhood at the edge of the western suburbs of London. Development in the area began during the 1840s on the Ladbroke Estate where St John's Notting Hill was completed in 1845. It soon became clear that another church was needed, and the site for St Peter's was donated by the trader and philanthropist Charles Henry Blake (1794–1872). Blake had made his fortune in India trading in indigo, and went on to make an even greater fortune as landowner, financier, builder and speculator in Notting Hill. In 1845 Blake had made a significant financial contribution to the construction of neighbouring St John's.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near St Peter's, Notting Hill

View more options near St Peter's, Notting Hill0

Nearby Tours & Activities