Verulam House, St Albans

London, United Kingdom

Verulam House, St Albans

Verulam House is located in Verulam Road, St Albans on the northwestern side between Church Crescent and Britton Avenue opposite College Street. It has previously been referred to as Diocesan House and also known as the Bishop's Palace. It is of early nineteenth-century origin and is a Grade II Listed Building.

Originally built as a coaching inn known as ‘The Verulam Arms’ which opened in 1826 at the same time as Verulam Road which was then a new section of a super highway (post road) built by Thomas Telford (the 'Colossus of Roads') from London to the port of Holyhead. The new road bypassed a section of the town and the narrow main road northwest out of St Albans at the time: George Street, Romeland and Fishpool Street.



Accommodations near Verulam House, St Albans

View more options near Verulam House, St Albans0

Nearby Tours & Activities