Temple du Change

Lyon, France

Temple du Change

The Temple du Change or Loge du Change, formerly used for the stock exchange of Lyon, stands in Vieux Lyon (5th arrondissement of Lyon). It was originally built after plans by architect Simon Gourdet between 1631 and 1653, then rebuilt under the direction of Jacques-Germain Soufflot in 1748–1750. It has been assigned to Protestant worship since 1803, hence its designation Temple. As part of Vieux Lyon, the building was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List along with other districts in the historic centre of Lyon.

The first Loge du Change was a small classical building with four arches in front and two on each side. It soon became insufficient for Lyon's money exchange, but was not renovated before 1748.



Accommodations near Temple du Change

View more options near Temple du Change0

Nearby Tours & Activities