Mae Chaem (Thai: แม่แจ่ม, pronounced [mɛ̂ː t͡ɕɛ̀m]) is a district (amphoe) of Chiang Mai Province in northern Thailand.
Mueang Chaem was created in 1908, consisting of the tambons Mae Thap, Tha Pha, Chang Khoeng, and Mae Suek split off from Chom Thong. In 1917 it was renamed Chang Khoeng, as the district office was in that tambon. In 1938 it was reduced to a minor district (king amphoe) and was subordinate to Chom Thong District. In 1939 it was renamed Mae Chaem. In 1956 it was upgraded to a full district.