Arrias Battery

Malta, Malta

Arrias Battery

Arrias Battery (Maltese: Batterija ta' Arrias), also known as Xemxija Battery (Maltese: Batterija tax-Xemxija) or Pwales Left Battery (Maltese: Batterija tax-Xellug tal-Pwales), is an artillery battery in Xemxija, limits of St. Paul's Bay, Malta. It was built by the Order of Saint John in 1715–1716 as one of a series of coastal fortifications around the Maltese Islands. The battery still exists, although it has modern alterations, and it is used as a restaurant.

Arrias Battery was built in 1715–1716 as part of the Order of Saint John's first building program of batteries and redoubts around the coasts of Malta. It was one of two batteries defending Xemxija Bay, the other one being the now-demolished Dellia Battery.



Accommodations near Arrias Battery

View more options near Arrias Battery0

Nearby Tours & Activities