Ardwick Green Barracks

Manchester, United Kingdom

Ardwick Green Barracks

Ardwick Green Barracks is a former military installation in Ardwick, Manchester.

The barracks were designed by Lawrence Booth as the headquarters of the 5th (Ardwick) Volunteer Battalion, The Manchester Regiment; they were completed in 1886 and opened by Prince George, Duke of Cambridge, Commander-in-Chief of the Forces in September 1887. The 5th (Ardwick) Volunteer Battalion evolved to become the 8th battalion the Manchester Regiment in 1908. The battalion was mobilised at the drill hall in August 1914 before being deployed to Gallipoli and ultimately to the Western Front.



Accommodations near Ardwick Green Barracks

View more options near Ardwick Green Barracks0

Nearby Tours & Activities