Botanical Gardens Cricket Ground

Manchester, United Kingdom

Botanical Gardens Cricket Ground

Botanical Gardens Cricket Ground was a cricket ground in Old Trafford, Stretford, Lancashire. The ground was located adjacent to Manchester Botanical Garden. The ground was on land owned by Sir Humphrey de Trafford, who allowed Manchester Cricket Club to lease the ground.

The first recorded match that is now considered to have been first-class on the ground was in 1848, when Manchester Cricket Club played Sheffield Cricket Club. The following season a Lancashire team played a team from Yorkshire. In 1851, a Lancashire side played their second and final first-class match at the ground in a repeat of the previous first-class fixture there involving. Manchester Cricket Club played two further first-class matches at the ground in 1852 and then 1854, both coming against Sheffield Cricket Club.



Accommodations near Botanical Gardens Cricket Ground

View more options near Botanical Gardens Cricket Ground0

Nearby Tours & Activities