Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bowdon

Manchester, United Kingdom

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bowdon

The Church of St Mary the Virgin is in the village of Bowdon near Altrincham, Greater Manchester, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building. It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Chester, the archdeaconry of Macclesfield and the deanery of Bowdon.

The presence of a church on the site was noted in the Domesday Book. It is likely that a new church was built in the 14th century and remodelled in the 16th century. The church was completely rebuilt between 1858 and 1860 by W. H. Brakspear, although the 16th-century roofs of the aisles were retained and incorporated into the new structure.



Accommodations near Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bowdon

View more options near Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bowdon0

Nearby Tours & Activities