Dean Row Chapel, Wilmslow

Manchester, United Kingdom

Dean Row Chapel, Wilmslow

Dean Row Chapel is a Unitarian place of worship in Cheshire, North West England. It is located 2 miles (3 km) east of the town of Wilmslow, Cheshire, near the junction of the A5102 and B5358 roads. The structure is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building. The congregation is a member of the General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches, the umbrella organisation for British Unitarians.

The chapel was built around the end of the 17th century soon after the passing of the Act of Toleration 1689. By 1843 it had become a ruin. It was restored but during the process many of the internal fittings and furniture were lost. The chapel was rededicated on 23 April 1845. A further restoration took place in 1971. Initially Presbyterian, it later became Unitarian and continues in use as a Unitarian chapel.



Accommodations near Dean Row Chapel, Wilmslow

View more options near Dean Row Chapel, Wilmslow0

Nearby Tours & Activities