St Luke's Church, Pendleton

Manchester, United Kingdom

St Luke's Church, Pendleton

St Luke's Church is an Anglican church that stands on raised ground in Liverpool Street, Pendleton, Salford. The church, in the parish of Weaste, Seedley and Langworthy, is part of the Salford All Saints Team Ministry in the Salford deanery and the Manchester diocese. It was designated as a Grade II* listed building in 1980.

The church was designed in the Neo-Gothic style by the architect George Gilbert Scott and opened in 1865. In 1878 a chancel chapel was added to the east end of the north aisle in memory of Edward Tootal, an early benefactor. The church is constructed of coursed sandstone rubble with a plain tiled roof. The nave has a clerestory and aisles and the tower is supported by large circular columns with carved capitals. The chancel has a striking decorated roof and a semicircular apse and attached parallel chapels. The church is rich in stained glass, some by Charles Eamer Kempe.



Accommodations near St Luke's Church, Pendleton

View more options near St Luke's Church, Pendleton0

Nearby Tours & Activities