Eastern Sportsground

Melbourne, Australia

Eastern Sportsground

Eastern Sportsground also known as Olympic Park No.2 was a multi-purpose outdoor stadium located on Olympic Boulevard in inner Melbourne. The stadium was built as a field hockey venue for the 1956 Olympics. It was primarily used for greyhound racing and was the home of the Melbourne Greyhound Racing Association (MGRA) from 1962 until 1996. The first tenants were the Victorian Amateur Football Association from 1956 until 1961 and Olympic Park No.2 was formerly part of the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Precinct.

The ground was demolished in 2001, and much of the site was replaced by Edwin Flack Field (a training ground for Collingwood Football Club). Edwin Flack Field was then replaced by the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium which opened in 2010. Today the southern half of the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium sits in what would have been Olympic Park No.2.



Accommodations near Eastern Sportsground

View more options near Eastern Sportsground0

Nearby Tours & Activities