Hawthorn tram depot

Melbourne, Australia

Hawthorn tram depot

Hawthorn tram depot was built in April 1916 by the Hawthorn Tramways Trust (HTT). It was built on the corner of Power Street and Wallen Road, Hawthorn, a suburb of Melbourne, Australia. The depot was close to the junction of the HTT's two main lines. It was taken over by the Melbourne & Metropolitan Tramways Board (MMTB) in 1920. In 1925 the depot was used as a school to teach tram drivers and tram conductors. In 1940, the building was also used to make uniforms for MMTB staff.

The depot closed as a running depot on 13 February 1965, but was kept in use for training and uniform manufacture until the 1990s.



Accommodations near Hawthorn tram depot

View more options near Hawthorn tram depot0

Nearby Tours & Activities