MacRobertson Bridge

Melbourne, Australia

MacRobertson Bridge

The MacRobertson Bridge is a road bridge that carries Grange Road from Toorak on the south bank into Burnley, over the Yarra River and the Monash Freeway in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

The first river crossing at the site was Twickenham Ferry, which conveyed passengers and was founded by waterman Jesse Barrow in 1880. it was named for the Twickenham Ferry in London. The ferry survived until 1934, when it was replaced by the MacRobertson Bridge, financed by Sir Macpherson Robertson. When built the bridge was one of two bridges in the world to be the first to use welded steel trusses.



Accommodations near MacRobertson Bridge

View more options near MacRobertson Bridge0

Nearby Tours & Activities