Lenkom Theatre is the official name of what was once known as the Moscow State Theatre named after Lenin's Komsomol. Designed by Illarion Ivanov-Schitz, it was built in 1907−1909 to house a Merchant's Club, and was home to many theatrical and musical performances. Occupied following the February Revolution, 1917 the building had several uses before becoming the home of "Theatre for Working Youth" (TRAM) in 1927. Thus, the future theatre established its reputation as a theatre for young people, by young people. Over its 80-year career, Lenkom has been a forerunner of new, fresh and experimental theatre in the Soviet Union, and now Russia.