Petrovsky Palace

Moscow, Russia

Petrovsky Palace

Petrovsky Palace or Petroff Palace, is a palace located in Moscow on Leningradsky Prospect. It was founded in 1780 under the orders of Catherine the Great.

In the 1770s Catherine the Great requested to build a new palace. The property was owned by the House of Golitsyn. She hired neoclassical architect, Matvey Kazakov. Construction began in 1776 and the palace was opened 3 November 1780, however construction continued until 1782. Catherine visited the palace only once, in 1785.



Accommodations near Petrovsky Palace

View more options near Petrovsky Palace0

Nearby Tours & Activities