Tushino

Moscow, Russia

Tushino

Tushino (Russian: Тушино, IPA: [ˈtuʂɨnə]) is a former village and town to the north of Moscow, which has been part of the city's area since 1960. Between 1939 and 1960, Tushino was classed as a separate town. The Skhodnya River flows across the southern part of Tushino.

The village was attested since the late 14th century as an estate of boyar Vasili Ivanovich Kvashnin-Tusha and later his sons Pyotr and Semyon. In the middle of the 16th century, the village and the nearby Saviour Monastery were acquired by the Troitse-Sergiyeva Lavra. One of the finest of Russian tent-like churches was built in the monastery under Ivan the Terrible.



Accommodations near Tushino

View more options near Tushino0

Nearby Tours & Activities