Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki

Moscow, Russia

Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki

Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki is an estate formerly belonging to the Stroganov and Golitsyn families of the Russian nobility. Today, it is incorporated into Kuzminki-Lyublino historical park located in Moscow's Kuzminki District. The estate was named after the Icon of Theotokos Vlakhernskaya, a copy of which was kept in the estate church.

In 1702 Peter the Great granted the estate to Grigori Stroganov. No buildings were erected on the property until after the death of the first owner in 1714. The new owner, Alexander Stroganov, began construction on the estate; in 1754 the estate passed to his widow. After the marriage of her daughter Anna in 1757 to Prince Mikhail M. Golitsyn (1731–1804), the property passed to the Golitsyn family. From 1833 onwards, Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki was a part of Golitsyns mayorate. In 1889 a part of the estate was donated to Vlakhernsky hospital. In the course of the First World War, the manor house was converted to an officers' hospital.



Accommodations near Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki

View more options near Vlakhernskoye-Kuzminki0

Nearby Tours & Activities